OVER THE YEAR UNDER REVIEW, GIZ INCREASED ITS BUSINESS VOLUME IN ORDER TO GENERATE SUSTAINABLE RESULTS WORLDWIDE. THE BUSINESS VOLUME WAS EUR 2,402 MILLION (COMPARED WITH EUR 2,142 MILLION IN 2015).
About 94 per cent of our total business volume was generated by the public-benefit business area, with the remaining 6 per cent attributable to GIZ’s taxable business area, International Services. Through this business area, international institutions such as the European Union, the United Nations, governments worldwide, foundations and businesses with international operations commission GIZ directly.
BUSINESS VOLUME OF AROUND EUR 2.4 BILLION
Under cofinancing arrangements, third parties such as the European Union, UN organisations or private companies provide additional funds to support a measure that GIZ is implementing on behalf of BMZ or another German public sector client. In terms of income generated in 2016, the largest cofinancing bodies were the European Union (EUR 189 million) and the United Kingdom’s DFID (EUR 32 million).