Information about how your data is processed
Who we are
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise in the field of international cooperation with worldwide operations. We work as a federal enterprise under private law. Our aim is to achieve the development-policy objective of improving the lives of people worldwide and conserving the natural resources on which livelihoods depend.
Users who do not agree with the completely anonymous storage and analysis of the data from their visit can opt out of the storage and use of the data at any time by clicking here.
This website uses etracker to analyse user behaviour. Cookies are used to collect information about user behaviour on the website, including the abbreviated IP address of the accessing computer. This information is then transferred to the server. The data is anonymised there and stored for usage analysis purposes.
With the technology currently available, this data can no longer be traced back to the accessing computer or IP address once it has been anonymised. Information generated by the cookie is shared with internal servers only. Data will not be passed on to third parties. Data is processed based on Article 6 Paragraph 1 f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with the legitimate interest of analysing usage to improve the company’s website.
Information on opting out
If you object to the use of your data, a cookie will be stored on your device, preventing user data from being collected when you visit this website. In order for the opt-out to take effect, the cookie must be stored on every device used. As the cookie is stored in specific browsers (programs for internet access), it must be stored in each browser used on each device (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox). Please also note that, if you delete all cookies, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted and will need to be stored again.
Recipients of personal data
This website does not collect any personal data.
Duration of data retention
GIZ routinely erases personal data when it is no longer needed for contractual purposes (for example for employment, grant, rental, sale or service contracts), if the data subject has not given any separate authorisation and if statutory data storage obligations and periods do not require longer periods of data storage.
IT security of user data
Protecting personal data is very important to GIZ. For this reason, technical and organisational security measures ensure that data is protected against accidental and intentional manipulation and unintended erasure as well as unauthorised access. These measures are updated accordingly based on technical developments and adapted continuously in line with the risks.
Reference to user rights
Visitors to the GIZ website have the right
- To obtain information about data stored by us about their visit (Article 15 GDPR).
- To have the data stored by us about their visit rectified (Article 16 GDPR).
- To have the data stored by us about their visit erased (Article 17 GDPR).
- To obtain restriction of processing of the data stored by us about their visit (Article 18 GDPR).
- To object to the storage of the data about their visit if personal data is processed on the basis of the first sentence of Article 6 (1) 1 f) and e) GDPR (Article 21 GDPR).
- To receive their personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format from the controller such that they can be potentially transmitted to another controller (right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR).
- To withdraw their consent to the extent that the data about their visit has been processed on the basis of consent (Article 6 (1) a GDPR). The lawfulness of the processing on the basis of the consent given remains unaffected until receipt of the withdrawal.
Users also have the right in accordance with Article 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority. The competent authority is the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).
Data processing is the responsibility of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Address:Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32 + 36,
53113 Bonn, Germany
65760 Eschborn, Germany